from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not yet determined; undecided: Our lawsuit is still undetermined.
- adj. Not specifically known or ascertained: a fire of undetermined origin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not determined; not settled; not decided.
- adj. Not limited; not defined; indeterminate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not determined; not settled; not decided.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not yet having been ascertained or determined
- adj. not precisely determined or established; not fixed or known in advance
- adj. not brought to a conclusion; subject to further thought
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Under "manner of death," it is "undetermined" -- or cause of death is undetermined.
One waxed paper packet containing one length of silk thread, white, ten yards, and one coin, ancient, origin undetermined.
Intellectual-Principle, is steadfastly pure: it has turned away from Matter; all that is undetermined, that is outside of measure, that is evil, it neither sees nor draws near; it endures in its purity, only, and wholly, determined by the Intellectual-Principle.
As in physical bodies, so also in the sacramental rite we find two elements, one undetermined, which is called the matter, the other determining, called the form.
He said it was classified as undetermined and nontoxic.
A total of 699 manatees were found dead between Jan. 1 and Dec. 5; state officials say it's likely the cold temperatures also contributed to many of the 203 deaths in the "undetermined" category and the 68 deaths of manatees whose bodies could not be recovered.
This now listed the cause of death as 'undetermined'.
(One user tracking the situation says an "undetermined" number of other Harry Potter artists have also been suspended in recent weeks, but we've yet to get official confirmation on that.)
Another Assistant Minister said he "had lamented the 'policy' among schools to turn away children who had the word "undetermined" written in the column for citizenship in their temporary identification documents."
PETER ODOM, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, right now, Nancy, the prosecution is focusing on the word "undetermined" in that autopsy.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.