from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by a lack of care, accuracy, or organization; random.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Inconsistent; unpredictable; erratic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. performed without care or close attention; slipshod; careless; -- of the manner of performing a task. Opposite of
careful, conscientiousor methodical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Recklessly; haphazard: as, he rode hit-or-miss.
- Reckless; haphazard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. dependent upon or characterized by chance
Sorry, no etymologies found.