from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Hasty and careless, as in execution: slapdash work.
- adv. In a reckless haphazard manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Done hastily; haphazard; careless.
- adv. In a hasty or careless manner.
- adv. Directly, right there.
- v. To apply, or apply something to, in a hasty, careless, or rough manner; to roughcast.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a bold, careless manner; at random.
- adv. With a slap; all at once; slap.
- transitive v. To apply, or apply something to, in a hasty, careless, or rough manner; to roughcast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a sudden, offhand, abrupt, random, or headlong manner; abruptly; suddenly; all at once.
- Dashing; offhand; abrupt; free, careless, or happy-go-lucky; rash or random; impetuous: as, a slap-dash manner; slap-dash work; a slap-dash writer.
- n. A composition of lime and coarse sand, mixed to a liquid consistency and applied to exterior walls as a preservative; rough-casting; harling.
- n. The outside plaster filling of a half-timbered house, between the beams.
- n. Offhand, careless, happy-go-lucky, or ill-considered action or work.
- n. Violent abuse.
- To do in a rough or careless manner.
- To rough-cast (a wall) with mortar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. directly
- adv. in a careless or reckless manner
- adj. marked by great carelessness
Sorry, no etymologies found.