from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having valence 3.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having a valence of 3
- n. Any trivalent chromosome.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a valence of three; capable of being combined with, substituted for, or compared with, three atoms of hydrogen; -- said of triad atoms or radicals; thus, nitrogen is trivalent in ammonia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., equivalent in combining or displacing power to three monad atoms; triadic: applied to an element or a radical. Also triatomic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a valence of three
Sorry, no etymologies found.