from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In disorderly haste; confusedly; pell-mell.
- adv. Haphazardly.
- adj. Carelessly hurried and confused.
- adj. Haphazard.
- n. Turmoil; confusion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In confused, disorderly haste
- adj. Carelessly hurried and confused
- n. confusion or turmoil
- n. A helical fairground slide
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In hurry and confusion; without definite purpose; irregularly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- With confused haste or commotion; in a disorderly hurry; confusedly.
- Confused; disorderly; carelessly hurried.
- n. Confused movement or action; disorderly hurry or bustle; confusion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. haphazardly
- adj. lacking a visible order or organization
- adj. with undue hurry and confusion
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From helter + skelter. (Wiktionary)