American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adv. In whatever way or manner; however: I'll cook it anyhow you like. They came anyhow they could—by boat, train, or plane.
- adv. In a careless way; haphazardly: clothes stuffed anyhow into the suitcase.
- adv. In any case; at least: I think they're asleep; anyhow, they're quiet.
- adv. Nevertheless: It sounds crazy, but I believe it anyhow.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In any way or manner whatever; howsoever.
- In any case; at any rate; at all events; however that may be; however: as, anyhow, he failed to appear; anyhow, I don't believe it can be done.
- adv. manner In any way or manner whatever.
- adv. conjunctive In any case. Used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. In any way or manner whatever; at any rate; in any event.
- adv. used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement
- adv. in any way whatsoever
- any + how (Wiktionary)
“Meaning voting, which I take very seriously anyhow, is more important than ever, because we have something to say about our voting future, as well.”
“He's not actually from the ancient, noble family d'Estaing, but he uses the name anyhow, and acts as though he were.”
“It would involve a long delay — perhaps a year and a half, perhaps longer, at the end of which period he might have to serve his prison term anyhow, and pending which he would certainly have to undergo incarceration for a time.”
“It would have been in French anyhow, a language in which I am hopeless.”
“How could they think they'd have a clear title anyhow?”
“They couldn't get in anyhow but we voted for them.”
“It would involve a long delay -- perhaps a year and a half, perhaps longer, at the end of which period he might have to serve his prison term anyhow, and pending which he would certainly have to undergo incarceration for a time.”
“I am keeping my word anyhow," he said; "but I am only coming to tell you I got to go to Chicago.”
“He put his clothes in the portmanteau anyhow and crushed them firmly down.”
“Oh! sakes alive! why, the young ladies will be seen anyhow from the French window.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘anyhow’.
Words to be replaced by a paragraph mark if you are after terms and MWEs.
Looking for tweets for anyhow.