from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In spite of that; nonetheless; however: a small, nevertheless fatal error.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In spite of what preceded; yet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Not the less; notwithstanding; in spite of that; yet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not or none the less; notwithstanding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. despite anything to the contrary (usually following a concession)
From never (“not at all”) + the + less; compare never the wiser (Wiktionary)