from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. At a slant; obliquely.
- prep. Obliquely over or across: lay the paddle aslant the gunwales.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. slanting
- adv. at a slant
- prep. diagonally over or across
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Toward one side; in a slanting direction; obliquely.
- prep. In a slanting direction over; athwart.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a slanting or sloping direction; oblique; obliquely; not perpendicularly or at right angles.
- Slantingly across; athwart.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. at an oblique angle
- adv. over or across in a slanting direction
- adj. having an oblique or slanted direction
Sorry, no etymologies found.