from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Acting or done with speed and efficiency. See Synonyms at fast1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Fast, prompt, speedy.
- adj. Completed or done with efficiency and speed; facilitating speed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Possessed of, or characterized by, expedition, or efficiency and rapidity in action; performed with, or acting with, expedition; quick; having celerity; speedily.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Performed with celerity; quick; hasty; speedy: as, an expeditious march.
- Nimble; active; swift; acting with celerity: as, an expeditious messenger or runner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by speed and efficiency
Judge Feldman, in his ruling, said the government is required to act in an "expeditious" manner, and that "the time delays at issue here are unreasonable."
Instead, senators passed an amendment, negotiated by Boxer and Barrasso, mandating "expeditious" NEPA reviews.
But the one thing that -- for me, from a psychological point of view, that points -- that makes some sense out of this is these Web sites were the Web sites of a person who had a kind of expeditious agenda in terms of getting rich quickly, you know, sort of phoning it in, making things happen quickly.
This would include, among others, principles such as expeditious and timeous tax administration, as well as fair, impartial and consistent application of the law.
NESBRU, Norway - Peace talks between the Philippine government and Marxist rebels resumed Tuesday after a six-year break, with the rebels calling for the "expeditious" release of a communist leader and four other prisoners.
NESBRU, Norway - Peace talks between the Philippine government and Marxist rebels have resumed after a six-year break, with the rebels demanding the "expeditious" release of a communist leader and four other prisoners.
Senators passed an amendment mandating "expeditious" reviews.
Obama hopes for 'expeditious' passage of N-liability bill
AfriForum, which turned to government for help, expressed its gratitude at this "expeditious" intervention.
Adams said he hopes for an "expeditious" search, but Shipley said it is "overly optimistic" to suggest the search will end before 2011.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.