from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Providing nourishment; nourishing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Providing nutrients; healthy to eat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Nourishing; promoting growth, or preventing decay; alimental.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing or contributing nutriment or nourishment; capable of promoting the growth or repairing the waste of organic bodies; nourishing: as, nutritious substances; nutritious food.
- Synonyms See list under nourishing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or providing nourishment
From Latin nūtrītius, from nūtrīx, nūtrīc-, nurse; see nurse.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)