from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Nutritious; nourishing.
- adj. Of or relating to nutrition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to nutrition
- adj. Nourishing, nutritional.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to nutrition; ; having the quality of nourishing; nutritious; nutrimental; alimental.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the property of nourishing; nutritious.
- Of, concerned in, or pertaining to nutrition: as, the nutritive functions or processes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or providing nourishment
Middle English nutritif, from Old French, from Late Latin nūtrītīvus, from Latin nūtrītus, past participle of nūtrīre, to suckle; see (s)nāu- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Middle French nutritif, from Late Latin nutritivus, from the participle stem of Latin nūtrīre ("to nourish"). (Wiktionary)