from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Thick and adhesive. Used of a fluid.
- adj. Covered with a sticky or clammy coating.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Viscous; having a high viscosity.
- adj. Sticky, slimy, or glutinous.
- adj. Covered with a viscid layer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Sticking or adhering, and having a ropy or glutinous consistency; viscous; glutinous; sticky; tenacious; clammy
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sticky; having a sticky or glutinous consistency; produced by or covered by a tenacious coating or secretion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the sticky properties of an adhesive
Late Latin viscidus, from Latin viscum, mistletoe, birdlime made from mistletoe berries.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Late Latin viscidus, from viscum ‘birdlime’. (Wiktionary)