from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or like leather, especially in texture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resembling leather; leathery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of or resembling, leather; leatherlike; tough.
- adj. Stiff, like leather or parchment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of leather.
- Resembling leather in texture, toughness, pliability, or appearance; leathery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling or made to resemble leather; tough but pliable
From Late Latin coriāceus, from Latin corium, leather; see sker-1 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)