from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or located at or near the base, especially the base of the skull: the basilar artery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or located at a base, but especially at the base of the skull or a lung.
- adj. Lower; inferior; base.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to, or situated at, the base.
- adj. Lower; inferior; applied to impulses or springs of action.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to or situated at the base, especially of the skull.
- Lying or situated at the base; fundamental.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or located at the base
New Latin basilāris, from Latin basis, base; see basis.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French basilaire, from Latin basis. (Wiktionary)