from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or located in the region of the humerus or the shoulder.
- adj. Relating to or being a body part analogous to the humerus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or near the humerus or shoulder
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the humerus, or upper part of the arm; brachial.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the humerus.
- Of or pertaining to the upper arm or the shoulder.
- In entomology, pertaining to, or situated on or near, a humerus or anterior corner of the thorax or wing-cover.
- The exterior angle of a beetle's elytrum, adjoining the pronotum.
- A bend in the anterior margin of the wing, near the base, found in certain insects.
- n. Same as amice, 2.
- n. The second joint, counting from the base, of the pedipalp of a spider. It is generally long and rather slender.
- n. The clavicle; a large bone of the shoulder-girdle of fishes.
Sorry, no etymologies found.