from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to segments.
- adj. Divided or organized into segments.
- adj. Architecture Of or being an arch whose profile constitutes a segment of a circle with its center below the springing line.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or constructed from segments
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to, or being, a segment.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the segments of animals
- adj. Of or pertaining to the segmental organs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the form of the segment of a circle; being a segment: as, a segmental arch.
- Of or pertaining to segments or segmentation: as, a segmental formula; segmental parts; segmental organs.
- Specifically, in embryology, noting the primitive and rudimentary renal organs which occur in all vertebrates and some invertebrates, consisting in the former of branched tubules opening at one end into the somatic cavity and at the other by one or more main ducts into the cloaca or hindgut.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the body divided into successive metameres or segments, as in earthworms or lobsters
- adj. divided or organized into speech segments or isolable speech sounds
Sorry, no etymologies found.