from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the abdomen or abdominal cavity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to or located within the abdomen or abdominal cavity.
- adj. Of or pertaining to celiac disease.
- n. Someone who has celiac disease.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See Cœllac.
- adj. Relating to the abdomen, or to the cavity of the abdomen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the cavity of the abdomen; abdominal or ventricular. Now chiefly used in the phrase celiac axis.
- Same as cœlian.
- In medicine, an old term applied, in the phrase celiac passion, to a flux or diarrhea.
- See celiac.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or in or belonging to the cavity of the abdomen
- adj. belonging to or prescribed for celiac disease
Latin coeliacus, from Greek koiliakos, from koiliā, abdomen, from koilos, hollow; see keuə- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)