from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Surrounding or encasing a tooth: a periodontal ligament.
- adj. Relating to or affecting tissue and structures surrounding and supporting the teeth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. surrounding a tooth
- adj. of, or relating to periodontics
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Surrounding the teeth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Surrounding a tooth: specifically noting the lining membrane of the socket of a tooth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or involving or practicing periodontics
From Ancient Greek περί ("around") + ὀδούς ("a tooth"). (Wiktionary)