from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or affecting both nerves and muscles.
- adj. Having the characteristics of both nervous and muscular tissue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to the voluntary or reflexive control of muscles by nerves.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Nervomuscular.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to nerve and to muscle; especially, resembling or partaking of the nature both of nervous and of muscular tissue; having a character intermediate between that of muscle and that of nerve; representing or physiologically acting both as a nerve and as a muscle: as, the neuromuscular cells of the freshwater polyp (Hydra).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. affecting or characteristic of both neural and muscular tissue
neuro- + muscular (Wiktionary)