from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to synapsis or a synapse: synaptic nerve endings; the synaptic phase in meiosis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to a synapse—the junction between the terminal of a neuron and another cell.
- adj. Of or relating to a synapsis—the association of homologous maternal and paternal chromosomes during the initial part of meiosis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to synapsis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (neuroscience) of or involving synapses
From Greek sunaptos, joined together, from sunaptein, to join together; see synapse.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
New Latin synapsis. (Wiktionary)