from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Located or occurring outside a cell or cells: extracellular fluid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. occurring or found outside of a cell
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. located or occurring outside of a living cell or cells. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Being, occurring, or done outside of a cell: opposed to intracellular: as, cavitary or extracellular digestion, respiration, etc., as distinguished from any vital process or physiological activity inside of the cells of which the body is composed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. located or occurring outside a cell or cells
extra- + cellular (Wiktionary)