from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to circulation.
- adj. Of or relating to the circulatory system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a circulation, especially to the circulatory system.
- n. A vessel with two portions unequally exposed to heat, and with connecting pipes or passages, through which the fluid rises from the overheated portion, and descends from the relatively colder, maintaining a circulation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Circular.
- adj. Circulating, or going round.
- adj. Subserving the purposes of circulation; ; of or pertaining to the organs of circulation.
- n. A chemical vessel consisting of two portions unequally exposed to the heat of the fire, and with connecting pipes or passages, through which the fluid rises from the overheated portion, and descends from the relatively colder, maintaining a circulation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Moving over or through a circuit.
- Pertaining to circulation, as of the blood: as, the circulatory vessels.
- n. In old chemistry, a glass vessel in which a fluid was submitted to the process of circulation. Several kinds were in use, but the two chiefly used were called the pelican or blind atembic and the diota.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to circulation
- adj. relating to circulatory system or to circulation of the blood
Sorry, no etymologies found.