from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, used in, or affecting respiration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to respiration; breathing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to respiration; serving for respiration
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or serving for respiration.
- Internal, the phrenic nerve.
- An orifice, generally at the end of a tubular process, through which some aquatic larvæ, or larvæ living in putrescent matter, under the skin of animals, etc., obtain air.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pertaining to respiration
respire + -atory (Wiktionary)