from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or aiding digestion.
- adj. Functioning to digest food.
- n. A substance that aids digestion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or functioning in digestion
- adj. having the power to cause or promote digestion
- n. a substance that aids digestion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to digestion; having the power to cause or promote digestion.
- n. That which aids digestion, as a food or medicine.
- n. A substance which, when applied to a wound or ulcer, promotes suppuration.
- n. A tonic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the physiological process of digestion.
- Promoting digestion: as, a digestive medicine.
- Prtaining to or used in the chemical process of digestion. See digester .
- Pertaining to the process of analyzing and arranging; analytical.
- In surgery, causing maturation in wounds or ulcers.
- n. In medicine, any preparation or medicine which aids digestion.
- n. In surg.., an application which ripens an ulcer or a wound, or disposes it to suppurate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any substance that promotes digestion
- adj. relating to or having the power to cause or promote digestion
Sorry, no etymologies found.