from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Concerned with food, nutrition, or digestion.
- adj. Providing nourishment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to food, nutrition or digestion
- adj. nourishing; nutritious
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to aliment or food, or to the function of nutrition; nutritious; alimental.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to aliment or food; having the quality of nourishing: as, alimentary particles.
- Having an apparatus for alimentation, and consequently able to feed. Huxley.
- Concerned with the function of nutrition: as, alimentary processes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or providing nourishment
aliment + -ary (Wiktionary)