from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to diet or its regulation.
- adj. Specially prepared or processed for restrictive diets.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to diet.
- adj. Relating to preparation for those on a restricted diet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or performance to diet, or to the rules for regulating the kind and quantity of food to be eaten.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to diet; specifically, relating to medical rules for regulating the kind and quantity of food to be eaten.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the diet
Late Latin diaetēticus, from Greek diaitētikos, from diaita, diet; see diet1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From English diaeteticus, from διαιτητικὀσ (diaitetikos). (Wiktionary)