American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Serving as or relating to a prosthesis.
- adj. Of or relating to prosthetics.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Exhibiting or pertaining to prosthesis; added; especially, prefixed.
- In surgery, relating to or concerned in the supplying of an artificial part in place of the natural one which is wanting.
- adj. artificial, acting as a substitute for part of the body; relating to prosthesis
- n. A prosthesis (prosthetic device)
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to prosthesis; prefixed, as a letter or letters to a word.
- adj. of or relating to prosthetics
- adj. relating to or serving as a prosthesis
- From Ancient Greek προσθετικός ("adding; repletive; giving additional power"), from πρόσθεσις (prosthesis, "addition"), from προστίθημι (prostithēmi, "I add"), from πρός (pros, "towards") + τίθημι (tithēmi, "I place"). (Wiktionary)
“Rare iguanas smuggled out of Fiji in prosthetic limb.”
“Function is also sorely lacking in prosthetic arms, which typically have just two joints, an elbow and a pincher-like claw.”
“They remove the dogs eyes and put in prosthetic silicon (fake) eyes.”
“Center created a long-term prosthetic and rehabilitation center in Haiti called the Hanger”
“In addition, Yéle Haiti president Hugh Locke held a meeting April 13 at the organization's new Haiti headquarters in Port-au-Prince to discuss a rehabilitation program that will provide a national registry and long-term prosthetic care for about 4,000 Haitians who lost limbs in the earthquake.”
“Aetna officials had mistakenly considered his new arm medical equipment rather than a prosthetic, which is covered in full.”
“But simple control of a prosthetic, that is at worst only a decade away.”
“The case involved so-called prosthetic vascular grafts, which are used to bypass or replace blood vessels to ensure sufficient blood flow to various parts of the body.”
“On his prosthetic is a small plaque with the names of fallen Rangers from his regiment.”
“A prosthetic is a prosthetic, and your body has to be comfortable with it and you have to mentally make it part of yourself," she said.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘prosthetic’.
All the words I don't know in New York Times Sunday Newspaper
Words from 2009 'The Invention of Lying' film.
Looking for tweets for prosthetic.