from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or being a substance in which an induced magnetic field is parallel and proportional to the intensity of the magnetizing field but is much weaker than in ferromagnetic materials.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. exhibiting paramagnetism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having or exhibiting paramagnetism; -- opposed to
diamagneticand contrasted with ferromagnetic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Assuming, when freely suspended between the poles of a horseshoe magnet, a position in a line from one pole to the other: magnetic in contradistinction to diamagnetic. See diamagnetism.
- Of higher permeability than air.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a paramagnet
Sorry, no etymologies found.