from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to increase the discharge of urine.
- n. A substance or drug that tends to increase the discharge of urine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Increasing the amount or frequency of urination.
- n. A drug that increases the rate of urine excretion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to increase the secretion and discharge of urine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In medicine, exciting the secretion of urine.
- n. A medicine that excites the secretion and discharge of urine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any substance that tends to increase the flow of urine, which causes the body to get rid of excess water
Middle English diuretik, from Old French diuretique, from Late Latin diūrēticus, from Greek diourētikos, from diourein, to pass urine : dia-, dia- + ourein, to urinate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)