from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Arousing or intensifying sexual desire.
- n. Something, such as a drug or food, having such an effect.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Arousing or intensifying sexual desire
- n. A food or drug having such an effect
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Exciting venereal desire; stimulating the desire for sexual gratification.
- n. That which (as a drug, or some kinds of food) stimulate sexual desire.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Exciting venereal desire; increasing the appetite for sexual pleasures; hence, erotic; sensual.
- n. Any drug or preparation which excites sexual desire.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exciting sexual desire
- n. a drug or other agent that stimulates sexual desire
Greek aphrodīsiakos, from aphrodīsiā, sexual pleasures, from Aphrodītē, Aphrodite.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek ἀφροδισιακός (aphrodisiakos, "venereal"), from Άφροδίσιος (Aphrodisios, "pertaining to Aphrodite"). (Wiktionary)