American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A testis, especially one contained within a scrotum.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the two glands in the male which secrete the spermatozoa and some of the fluid elements of the semen; a testis.
- n. The male sex and endocrine gland, found in some types of animals, that produces sperm and male sex hormones, including the steroid testosterone.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Anat.) One of the essential male genital glands which secrete the semen.
- n. one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens
- Latin testiculum, testicle, diminutive of testis, witness + diminutive suffix -ulum (Wiktionary)
- Middle English testicule, from Latin testiculus, diminutive of testis, testis; see testis. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“A testicle is worth more than a fallopian tube – at least according to Swedish authorities.”
“Personally, I don't have any first-hand experience with the topic, so I couldn't give you my opinion on the validity of Diamond's findings on racial differences in testicle sizes, but Diamond seems pretty fascinated by the question.”
“Personally, I don’t have a lot of first-hand experience, so I couldn’t give you my opinion on the validity of Diamond’s findings on racial differences in testicle size.”
“Each testicle is in its own compartment, and while my doctor was cutting/tying/cauterizing the right vas deferens he nicked (and either didn’t see or didn’t properly cauterize) an artery that later proceeded to fill up the right compartment with blood.”
“It’s not like the water’s going to hurt his 3rd testicle is it?”
“Food fact of the day: The avocado is known as the testicle plant—not just because it’s shaped like the lovely sperm holders, but because it grows in pairs, and one side hangs lower than the other really, we’re not kidding about the plant.”
“After your son receives general anesthesia, the surgeon will make an incision in his groin area, and locate the undescended testicle, which is usually in the inguinal canal above the scrotum.”
“Lying along the superior border of the testicle is a mass of ducts, the”
“They grow, in the same way, from the inside of the anther (which may now be called the testicle) and become free when ripe.”
“Avocados, which-not so coincidentally-the ancient Aztecs referred to as "testicle trees.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘testicle’.
Etymology guessing game; the words are entered as the sum of their root meanings. Let the games begin!
Words that end like pickle. Listed here because they're funny (because they end like pickle).
T-bone - Sounds good!
Shoulder - Alright.
Liver - Fine.
Sweetbread - Okay.
Gizzard - Pushing it.
Brains - What?!
Find the words (left) for the definitions below
- the person upon whom one coughs at
- appalled over how much weight you have gained
- to give up all hope of ever having a flat st...
A collection of words about doing the nasty.
"Fornication" is not equal to "formication".
Words with funny meaning, spelling or both.
Looking for tweets for testicle.