from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A testis, especially one contained within a scrotum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The male sex and endocrine gland, found in some types of animals, that produces sperm and male sex hormones, including the steroid testosterone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the essential male genital glands which secrete the semen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the two glands in the male which secrete the spermatozoa and some of the fluid elements of the semen; a testis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens
A testicle is worth more than a fallopian tube – at least according to Swedish authorities.
Personally, I don't have any first-hand experience with the topic, so I couldn't give you my opinion on the validity of Diamond's findings on racial differences in testicle sizes, but Diamond seems pretty fascinated by the question.
Personally, I don’t have a lot of first-hand experience, so I couldn’t give you my opinion on the validity of Diamond’s findings on racial differences in testicle size.
Each testicle is in its own compartment, and while my doctor was cutting/tying/cauterizing the right vas deferens he nicked (and either didn’t see or didn’t properly cauterize) an artery that later proceeded to fill up the right compartment with blood.
It’s not like the water’s going to hurt his 3rd testicle is it?
Food fact of the day: The avocado is known as the testicle plant—not just because it’s shaped like the lovely sperm holders, but because it grows in pairs, and one side hangs lower than the other really, we’re not kidding about the plant.
After your son receives general anesthesia, the surgeon will make an incision in his groin area, and locate the undescended testicle, which is usually in the inguinal canal above the scrotum.
Lying along the superior border of the testicle is a mass of ducts, the
They grow, in the same way, from the inside of the anther (which may now be called the testicle) and become free when ripe.
Avocados, which-not so coincidentally-the ancient Aztecs referred to as "testicle trees."
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.