from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or located on the throat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the throat
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the gula or throat. See Illust. of bird, and bowfin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the gullet or throat in general; jugular; esophageal.
- Specifically, in zoology, pertaining to the gula.
- n. A gular plate or shield beneath the throat of a serpent or fish.
Latin gula, throat + -ar.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)