from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, made of, or similar to a membrane.
- adj. Pathology Characterized by the formation of a membrane or a layer similar to a membrane.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the qualities of, or pertaining to, a membrane.
- adj. Accompanying the formation of a membrane.
- adj. Thin, pliable, and often transparent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, consisting of, or resembling, membrane.
- adj. Membranaceous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a membrane or membranes; membraniferous.
- Consisting of membrane; having the texture or quality of a membrane; membranaceous.
- Of or pertaining in any way to membrane; resembling membrane; membraniform.
- In botany, having the character or appearance of membrane; thin, rather soft and pliable, and often more or less translucent, as sometimes leaves, the walls of seed-vessels, the indusia in ferns, etc. See phrases below.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by formation of a membrane (or something resembling a membrane)
- adj. relating to or made of or similar to a membrane
From French membraneux, from Latin membrāneus. (Wiktionary)