from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of three layers or strands.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having three strands or layers
- n. Yarn having three strands
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of three distinct webs inwrought together in weaving, as cloth or carpeting; having three strands; threefold.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Threefold; consisting of three parts or thicknesses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a thickness made up of three layers or strands
Sorry, no etymologies found.