from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. arranged in a sequence of layers or strata
- adj. having a class structure
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having its substance arranged in strata, or layers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Arranged or disposed in layers or strata: as, stratified rocks. See cut under erosion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. deposited or arranged in horizontal layers
- adj. (used of society) socially hierarchical
- adj. arranged in a sequence of grades or ranks
Sorry, no etymologies found.