from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a fine, smooth, even grain: fine-grained wood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Consisting of fine particles
- adj. Having a fine, smooth texture
- adj. detailed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. consisting of fine particles.
- adj. dense or compact in structure or texture, as a wood composed of small-diameter cells.
- adj. involving careful consideration of details and fine distinctions; -- of conceptual schemas.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. dense or compact in structure or texture, as a wood composed of small-diameter cells
- adj. consisting of fine particles
From fine + grained. (Wiktionary)