from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being, relating to, or composed of crystal or crystals.
- adj. Resembling crystal, as in transparency or distinctness of structure or outline.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or composed of crystals
- adj. having a regular three-dimensional molecular structure
- adj. resembling crystal in being clear and transparent
- n. Any crystalline substance.
- n. aniline
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting, or made, of crystal.
- adj. Formed by crystallization; like crystal in texture.
- adj. Imperfectly crystallized.
- adj. Fig.: Resembling crystal; pure; transparent; pellucid.
- n. A crystalline substance.
- n. See Aniline.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of crystal.
- Relating or pertaining to crystals or crystallization.
- Formed by crystallization; of the nature of a crystal, especially as regards its internal structure, cleavage, etc.: opposed to amorphous.
- Resembling crystal; pure; clear; transparent; pellucid: specifically applied in anatomy to several structures, as the crystalline humor, cones, etc. See below.
- In entomology, reflecting light like glass: specifically applied to the ocelli or simple eyes when they are apparently colorless, resembling glass.
- n. A crystallized rock, or one only partially crystallized, as granite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. consisting of or containing or of the nature of crystals
- adj. transmitting light; able to be seen through with clarity
- adj. distinctly or sharply outlined
Middle English cristallin, from Old French, from Latin crystallinus, from Greek krustallinos, from krustallos, ice, crystal; see kreus- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
crystal + -ine (Wiktionary)