from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, resembling, or consisting of film; gauzy: filmy lingerie. See Synonyms at airy.
- adj. Covered by or as if by a film; hazy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resembling or made of a thin film; gauzy
- adj. Covered by (or as if by) a film; hazy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Composed of film or films.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Composed of thin membranes or pellicles, or of fine threads; resembling a film.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. so thin as to transmit light
Sorry, no etymologies found.