from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Full of or covered with clouds; overcast.
- adj. Of or like a cloud or clouds.
- adj. Marked with indistinct masses or streaks: cloudy marble.
- adj. Not transparent, as certain liquids.
- adj. Open to more than one interpretation.
- adj. Not clearly perceived or perceptible.
- adj. Troubled; gloomy: His future at the company is cloudy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered with or characterised by clouds; overcast.
- adj. Not transparent or clear.
- adj. Uncertain; unclear.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Overcast or obscured with clouds; clouded; as, a cloudy sky.
- adj. Consisting of a cloud or clouds.
- adj. Indicating gloom, anxiety, sullenness, or ill-nature; not open or cheerful.
- adj. Confused; indistinct; obscure; dark.
- adj. Lacking clearness, brightness, or luster.
- adj. Marked with veins or sports of dark or various hues, as marble.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Overcast with clouds; obscured by clouds: as, a cloudy day; a cloudy sky.
- Consisting of a cloud or clouds; of the nature of a cloud.
- Obscure; dark; not easily understood.
- Having the appearance of gloom; indicating gloom, anxiety, sullenness, or ill nature; not open or cheerful.
- Marked with spots or areas of dark or various hues, or by clouding or a blending of light and shade or of colors.
- Wanting in luster, brightness, transparency, or clearness; dimmed: as, a cloudy diamond.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking definite form or limits
- adj. (of liquids) clouded as with sediment
- adj. full of or covered with clouds
cloud + -y (Wiktionary)