from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling mush in consistency; soft.
- adj. Informal Excessively sentimental. See Synonyms at sentimental.
- adj. Informal Given to or displaying mawkish affection or amorousness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. resembling or having the consistency of mush; semi-liquid, pasty, or granular
- adj. soft; squishy
- adj. overly sappy, corny, or cheesy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Soft like mush; figuratively, good-naturedly weak and effusive; weakly sentimental.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like mush; soft; pulpy; without fiber or firmness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the consistency of mush
- adj. effusively or insincerely emotional
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Most people are in the mushy middle, and we call it mushy middle for a reason.
"No, what I said was that you were engaging in mushy thinking," Thing One said, pointing to a passage marked with yellow highlighter.
He closed his hand upon it, squeezed, and the potato squirted out between his fingers in mushy streams.
It’s taken me some time to get use to the large grain mushy rice they use.
The second container was a bowl with noodles (in this particular soup - Vietnamese rice noodles), which insured that your noodles don’t end up mushy from the walk back to the office.
They were unfazed by the preponderance of same-sex couples holding hands, and all smooching was "disgusting" or "mushy" -- regardless of the gender of the "old people" (anyone over 22) doing the osculating.
Sorry, but I think the mushy middle is called mushy for a reason.
The position on abortion is what some people call the mushy middle.
There's a reason they've been called mushy, not mighty - a description Mr. Colle and his allies aim to change.
Hours after being called "mushy on environmental issues" by a Republican senator
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.