from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characterized by percussion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. characterized by percussion; caused by or related to the action of striking or pounding something
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Striking against; percutient.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to percussion or a light sharp stroke; striking; striking against something.
- n. Specifically, in music, an instrument of percussion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. involving percussion or featuring percussive instruments
Sorry, no etymologies found.