from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Serving to smash: a smashing blow to the head.
- adj. Informal Extraordinarily impressive or fine; wonderful: a smashing success.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Serving to smash (something).
- adj. Wonderful, very good or impressive. Thought to be corruption of Irish Is maith é sin. (meaning "that's good").
- n. Gerund: The action of the verb to smash.
- v. Present participle of smash.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Crushing; also, slashing; dashing.
- Wild; gay.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. very good
- n. the act of breaking something into small pieces
Sorry, no etymologies found.