from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of level.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or operation of making level.
- n. The art or operation of using a leveling instrument for finding a horizontal line, for ascertaining the differences of level between different points of the earth's surface included in a survey, for establishing grades, etc., as in finding the descent of a river, or locating a line of railroad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of reducing an uneven surface to a level or plane.
- n. The art or operation of ascertaining the different elevations of objects on the surface of the earth; the art or practice of finding how much any assigned point on the earth's surface included in a survey is higher or lower than another assigned point.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. changing the ground level to a smooth horizontal or gently sloping surface
- n. complete destruction of a building
- n. the act of making equal or uniform
Sorry, no etymologies found.