from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of level.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or operation of making level.
- n. The art or operation of using a leveling instrument for finding a horizontal line, for ascertaining the differences of level between different points of the earth's surface included in a survey, for establishing grades, etc., as in finding the descent of a river, or locating a line of railroad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of reducing an uneven surface to a level or plane.
- n. The art or operation of ascertaining the different elevations of objects on the surface of the earth; the art or practice of finding how much any assigned point on the earth's surface included in a survey is higher or lower than another assigned point.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. changing the ground level to a smooth horizontal or gently sloping surface
- n. complete destruction of a building
- n. the act of making equal or uniform
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The costs wow powerlevel only keep piling up as you progress in levels, making gold world of warcraft power leveling farming one of the most arduous and boring tasks a player is challenged with.，wow leveling wow leveling。
In court this morning, the phrase "leveling the playing field" is uttered with the kind of contempt one usually sees reserved for serial rapists and NPR.
You see the result of this in leveling of competition in the NCAA tournament.
When the Scifi Channel was called the Scifi Channel and not this Syfy crap, the product/service the channel was offering several years back was reaching a certain leveling off with the audience they had.
Mr. TESAN: I call it leveling the playing field and giving parents an ability to put money aside for their child with a disability, the same as they would with a child that was going to go to university or something like that.
Spooning and leveling is not a clean process for me.
In another week or two, those same pundits who called for blows and more blows will compete among themselves in leveling criticism at this war.
Its called leveling your pelvis, and it is a key component to maintaining good posture while running.
For a company that has played such a central role in leveling those kinds of structures, it has a pretty conventional structure of its own.
Â· The mainstream mediaâ€ ™ s complete failure to investigate Kerryâ€ ™ s Vietnam medals and involvement with the fraudulent Winter Soldier Project, which had fake Vietnam veterans joining Kerry in leveling untrue war crimes charges against all American forces in Vietnam;
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.