from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by or involving repetition, recurrence, reiteration, or repetitiousness.
- adj. Grammar Frequentative.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a procedure that involves repetition of steps (iteration) to achieve the desired outcome; in computing this may involve a mechanism such as a loop.
- adj. Expressive of an action that is repeated with frequency.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Repeating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Repeating; repetitious.
- In grammar, frequentative, as some verbs.—
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by iteration
- n. the aspect of the verb that expresses the repetition of an action
Sorry, no etymologies found.