from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or resembling an echo.
- adj. Imitative of natural sounds; onomatopoeic: an echoic word.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to an echo
- adj. imitative of a sound; onomatopoeic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Formed in imitation of a natural sound; -- of words. Contrasted to
- adj. Like or characteristic of an echo.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or formed by echoism; onomatopoetic. See extract under echoism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of words) formed in imitation of a natural sound
- adj. like or characteristic of an echo
Sorry, no etymologies found.