from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the vocabulary, words, or morphemes of a language.
- adj. Of or relating to lexicography or a lexicon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. concerning the vocabulary, words or morphemes of a language
- adj. concerning lexicography or a lexicon or dictionary
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a lexicon, to lexicography, or words; according or conforming to a lexicon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to or connected with the vocabulary of a language: as, lexical fullness; lexical knowledge.
- Of or pertaining to a lexicon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to dictionaries
- adj. of or relating to words
lexic(on) + -al1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin lexis, from Ancient Greek λέξις (léxis, "word") + -al. (Wiktionary)