from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or explaining a name or names.
- adj. Of or relating to onomastics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to a personal or place name
- adj. of, or relating to onomastics
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Applied to a signature when the body of the instrument is in another's handwriting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or consisting of a name: specifically applied in law to the signature of an instrument the body of which is in the handwriting of another person, or to the instrument so signed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or related to onomastics
French onomastique, from Greek onomastikos, from onomazein, to name, from onoma, name; see nŏ̄-men- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek ὀνομαστικός. (Wiktionary)