from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or involving imitation.
- adj. Not original; derivative.
- adj. Tending to imitate.
- adj. Onomatopoeic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Imitating; copying; not original.
- adj. Modelled after another thing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Inclined to imitate, copy, or follow; imitating; exhibiting some of the qualities or characteristics of a pattern or model; dependent on example; not original
- adj. Formed after a model, pattern, or original.
- adj. Designed to imitate another species of animal, or a plant, or inanimate object, for some useful purpose, such as protection from enemies; having resemblance to something else
- n. A verb expressive of imitation or resemblance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Imitating or inclined to imitate or copy.
- Aiming at imitation; exhibiting or designed to exhibit an imitation of a pattern or model.
- Formed after or presenting a similitude of a model, pattern, or original.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by or given to imitation
- adj. (of words) formed in imitation of a natural sound
- adj. not genuine; imitating something superior
Sorry, no etymologies found.