from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, expressive of, or used in devotion, especially of a religious nature.
- n. A short religious service.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece of music or writing about or pertaining to devotion.
- adj. Of or pertaining to devotion or worship
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, suited to, or used in, devotion
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to religious devotion; used in devotion; suited to devotion: as, a devotional posture; devotional exercises; a devotional frame of mind.
- Synonyms Devout, Devotional. See devout.
- Forms of devotion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a short religious service
- adj. relating to worship
Sorry, no etymologies found.