from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or contained in the Bible.
- adj. Being in keeping with the nature of the Bible, especially:
- adj. Suggestive of the personages or times depicted in the Bible.
- adj. Suggestive of the prose or narrative style of the King James Bible.
- adj. Very great in extent; enormous: a natural disaster of near biblical proportions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to, the Bible
- adj. In accordance with the teachings of the Bible (according to some interpretation of the later)
- adj. Very large, exceeding previous records.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or derived from, the Bible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the Bible or to the sacred writings: as, biblical learning; biblical criticism.
- In accord with the teachings of the Bible; scriptural.
- Authoritative; true.
- Synonyms See scriptural.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to or contained in or in accordance with the Bible
- adj. in keeping with the nature of the Bible or its times or people
From Medieval Latin biblicus, from Late Latin biblia, Bible; see Bible.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)